Terms & Conditions
Upon confirmation of a booking by the owners or the owner’s representative it is considered that a rental contract for the indicated period between the guests and owners of Villa Bahagia has been entered into. It is then deemed that the guests have read, understood and agreed to these terms & conditions without reservation or exception.
All Payments must be made in US$, Aus$, HK$, Euro, IDR, MYR (at the current prevailing exchange rate of the day) unless otherwise agreed by the owners.
A deposit of 50% of the rental amount must be received within five (5) working days after confirmation of the reservation has been given. If a deposit is not received within this time, the booking will automatically be cancelled.
Final payment is required 45 days prior to arrival (60 days for Christmas/New Year bookings) or immediately if booking is made less than 45 days prior to arrival (or 60 days in the case of Christmas/New Year bookings).
If the balance of payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
In the case of bookings made less than 45 days prior to arrival, full payment is required within five (5) working days.
For last minute bookings (within 5 days or less prior to arrival), full payment upon arrival in cash is acceptable.
Once full payment is received, guests will receive confirmation details including the Villa address, contact details of the owner and/or owner’s representative, transfer arrangements and/or directions to the villa.
Check in is 2:00pm and check out is 11:00am unless otherwise arranged.
All cancellations must be in writing. They include but are not limited to:
- Cancellation of one or more days of the booking.
The owner reserves the right to cancel a booking if:
- Any guest fails to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg Passports or other suitable identification).
- Guests or their visitors attempt to hold an event at the property which is in breach of these Terms & Conditions or any rules applicable to the property.
In the event a cancellation is made by a guest the following fees will generally apply:
- US$200.00 OR 20% (whichever is greater) of the total rental amount if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period.
- 50% of the total rental amount if the cancellation is made between 30 & 60 days before the start of the rental period.
- 100% of the total rental amount if the cancellation is made between 1 & 29 days before the start of the rental period
Your well-being is our upmost priority and rest assured every attempt will be made to ensure the guests at Villa Bahagia will have an enjoyable stay. However, should there be a problem during your stay, please notify the owner or owner’s representative immediately so the issue at hand can be addressed. We will make every endeavor to make the necessary corrections.
The villa and its facilities are available for the guest’s full enjoyment during the rental period.
However the owner, owner’s representative or other staff & contractors may need to access the property from time to time (e.g. swimming pool or garden maintenance, minor repairs, etc.). The guests are required to grant them reasonable access for these purposes.
Valuables, Damages or Loss
Any damage or losses caused during the rental period, as well as any special cleaning requirements will be the guest’s responsibility and may be charged to the guest’s account. In cases of excessive or unacceptable loss or damage at any time during the rental period, the owner or owner’s representative may require the guest and their party, including visitors to vacate the property immediately, without compensation or refund.
Any guest’s (or visitor’s) valuables or property are left or used at the property at the guest’s own risk. Neither the owner nor the owner’s representatives accept any responsibility for the loss or damage to guests’ (or visitors’) property.
Use of The Property
All bookings are assumed to be for normal holiday purposes only and the guests agree that the use of Villa Bahagia will be limited to this purpose – unless confirmed in writing by the owner in advance.
Villa Bahagia is suited for maximum 10 persons (either 8 adults or 2 families with children)
unless authorized in writing. Additional guests or the use of the villa for events, may incur additional charges.
The villa is located in a quiet neighborhood and guests are asked to respect this. All guests or visitors to the property are to behave appropriately. Smoking is prohibited in the bedrooms. Illegal or immoral activities including gambling, prostitution, use or possession of prohibited drugs, possession or the use of pyrotechnics or dangerous goods, and possession or use of firearms or other weapons are strictly prohibited.
Should any guest or visitors not behave in a suitable manner, the owner or owner’s representative may in their absolute discretion, require the guest, their party and/or visitor(s) to leave the premises and/or vacate the property immediately – without compensation or refund.
In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the property, especially with children. Suitable supervision should be given at all times.
Neither the owner nor the owner’s representative accepts any responsibility or liability for:
- Any physical injury, sickness, death, loss, damage, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred by the guest(s), their party or visitors regardless of the cause;
- Any vehicle or the contents of any vehicle used, hired or engaged by the guest or their party during the rental period;
- Inability of the guest or any member of the guest’s party to enter the location of the property or stay at the property for all or part of the rental period as a result of failure to obtain appropriate travel or visa documentation, cancellation or amendments to travel arrangements or the missing of flights or travel connections; and/or
- Any delay or cancellation of the booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, strike, demonstration, terrorist activity (threatened or actual), natural disaster, fire, sickness, weather conditions, action at an airport or port by any government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and airport regulations;
- Any structural, technical, electrical, plumbing, or other problems or difficulties with the property which makes it unsafe or unusable; or
- Any other circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’ or acts of god, or any other events beyond the owner’s control.
In no case will the owner or the owner’s representative individually or collectively be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.